AB Lime has been in operation for over 100 years, with a reputation for reliability and quality that comes from being Southland’s foremost producer of high-quality lime and fertiliser blends. We manage three unique operations from one site; Southland’s largest limestone quarry, the regional landfill and a 950-cow dairy farm. With our beautiful rural location, close to the friendly hub of Winton, we’re a close-knit and productive team.
About the role
We are looking for a hard working Landfill Operator to join our team. Working 45 hours a week Monday to Saturday, on a rostered basis (four 11 hour shifts), you will join the team to operate our machinery in the limestone quarry or our landfill.
Previous experience operating heavy machinery is preferred, however if you do not have current licences, AB Lime will help the right candidate obtain these.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Operate, excavators, compactors, front end loaders and dump trucks on site.
· Complete maintenance and housekeeping on machines and on the site.
· Be an active team member on site.
· Comply with health and safety and environmental policies on site.
Successful applicants will possess:
· Experience operating heavy machinery.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Wheels, Tracks and Rollers + Forklift endorsement and OSH forklift certificate is advantageous.
· Class 4 licence preferred but training can be provided.
What’s in it for you?
A competitive salary package is on offer for the right applicant, along with plenty of opportunity to grow and develop within the role. You will be joining a successful company that cares about its staff and recognises the value of work life balance.
The successful applicate will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test before commencing the role.
For more information please see the job description or phone Zachary Pentecost at Findex on 027 564 7144 for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this position please follow the instructions online, attaching your resume and covering letter.